20 January 2010
F&M’s mLearning Project is highlighted in the 2010 Horizon Report:
The annual Horizon Report, a joint undertaking of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) and the New Media Consortium (NMC), identifies six technologies that will be key for teaching and learning in higher education.
8 November 2009
The technologies featured in the 2009 Horizon Report are placed along three adoption horizons that represent what the Advisory Board considers likely timeframes for their entrance into mainstream use for teaching, learning, research, or creative applications. The first adoption horizon assumes the likelihood of entry into the mainstream of institutions within the next year; the second, within two to three years; and the third, within four to five years.
- One Year or Less: Mobiles
- One Year or Less: Cloud Computing
- Two to Three Years: Geo-Everything
- Two to Three Years: The Personal Web
- Four to Five Years: Semantic-Aware Applications
- Four to Five Years: Smart Objects